The Effect of Free Cash Flow, Company Size, Profitability and Liquidity on Debt Policy for Manufacturing Companies Listed on IDX in 2016-2019 Periods

Adam Afiezan, Giovanni Wijaya, Priscilia Priscilia, Cindy Claudia

Abstract


The purpose of this research is to analyze and study the effect of Free Cash Flow, Company Size, Profitability and Liquidity on the Debt Policy of manufacturing companies listed on the IDX in 2016-2019. This type of research is a quantitative descriptive one. Of the 169 populations, only 83 samples met the criteria. Data processing with multiple linear regressions. The partial test results are only liquidity that has a negative and significant effect on debt policy, while Free Cash Flow, Company Size and Profitability have no effect on debt policy. Simultaneous test results where Free Cash Flow, Company Size, Profitability and Liquidity have an influence on debt policy with the results of the determination coefficient of 0.589 which means as much as 58.9% of the variation in debt policy that can be explained by variables (FCF, company size, profitability and liquidity) where the remaining 41.1% is influenced by other factors.


Keywords


free cash flow; company size; profitability; liquidity; debt policy

Full Text:

PDF

References


Angelia, N and Toni, N. (2020). The Analysis of Factors Affecting Dividend Policy in Food and Beverage Sector Manufacturing Companies Listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2015-2017. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 902-910.

Estuti, EP, Fauziyanti, W., & Hendrayanti, S. (2019). The Effect of Liquidity, Profitability and Dividend Policy on Company Debt Policy (Empirical Study of Manufacturing Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange 2013–2017). In Proceedings of the Unimus National Seminar (Vol. 2).

Hery. (2015). Financial Statement Analysis. Jakarta: Earth Literacy.

Husna, R. (2016). The Influence of Company Size, Profitability and Business Risk on Debt Policy. Neo-Bis, 10 (2), 155-177.

Kamaliah, N., & Syafitri, TR (2010). Analysis of the effect of free cash flow, dividend policy, managerial share ownership, and institutional share ownership on debt policy. Journal of Economics, University of Riau.

Marbun, J. (2020). Juridical Analysis of the Occupational Safety and Health Management System in the Company. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 895-901

Mulyawan, Setia. (2015). Financial Management. Bandung: CV. Faithful Library.

Murhadi, Werner R. (2015). Financial Statement Analysis: Projection and Valuation of Shares. Jakarta: Publisher Salemba Empat.

Oktariyani, O., & Hasanah, A. (2019). The Effect of Free Cash Flow, Liquidity and Foreign Ownership on Debt Policy in Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. Journal of Applied Managerial Accounting, 3 (1), 20-35.

Purwanti, M. (2017). Effect of Liquidity, Profitability and Sales Growth on debt policy (Empirical Study of Food and Beverage Companies Listed on the IDX). e-Journal of Business Administration, 5 (2), 255-268.

Pramusinto, N. and Daerobi, A. (220). Labor Absorption of the Manufacturing Industry Sector in Indonesia. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). p. 549-561

Ramadhani, S., & Barus, AC (2018). Debt Policy for Main Sector Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the period 2013-2016. Journal of Micro-Civil Economics Entrepreneurs: JWEM, 8 (2), 127-138.

Silalahi, SM, Siahaan, Y., Susanti, E., & Supitriyani, S. (2018). The Effect of Free Cash Flow and Profitability on Debt Policy in Food and Beverage Sub-Sector Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. Financial: Journal of Accounting, 4 (2), 62-69.

Sitanggang, JP. (2013). Advanced Corporate Financial Management. Jakarta: Mitra Wacana Media.

Sudana, I Made. (2015). Corporate Financial Management: Theory & Practice. Jakarta: Erlangga Publisher.

Sunyoto, Danang. (2013). Accounting Research Methods. Bandung: PT. Refika Aditama.

Suryani, AD, & Khafid, M. (2015). Effect of Free Cash Flow, Company Growth, Dividend Policy and Company Size on Debt Policy. Essay. Department of Accounting, State University of Semarang.

Utari, Dewi, et al. (2014). Financial Management. Jakarta: Mitra Wacana Media.

Winna, HT (2019). The Effect of Profitability, Liquidity and Debt Policy on Dividend Policy in Manufacturing Companies. Journal of Accounting Paradigm, 1 (2), 523-532.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33258/birci.v3i4.1502

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 467 times
PDF - 248 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.